Here we go. As of 1/1/19, here are my piles …
Books unread: 131
Movies to watch: 155
Podcast episodes to listen to: 156
Comic book back issues to read: 738
My goal, as I mentioned in the last post, is to turn accumulation into a zero-sum game. So, as I read, watch, and listen, I will post quick reviews. I may cross-post some things to my other blogs, Pop Culture Affidavit and Required Reading with Tom & Stella, but for the most part, you’ll be seeing a lot of posts with short synopses and opinions using the following rating system:
- If I own it = keep, sell, donate, or trash
- If it’s rented/borrowed/streamed = worth buying, worth the rental, a waste of my time
The rules are simple, but they may change, as may my goals. For me, this is mostly about accountability and less about a crazy gimmicky rule, so I am going to read, watch, or listen to only what I only have with three exceptions:
- My new comics pull list, which will not be added to unless something is removed (this includes two series of trade paperbacks that I have been collecting).
- Theatrical movies. I don’t go to the movies that often, so I will allow myself this, especially considering I really want to see Avengers: Endgame.
- Anything that is a required borrow/rental/purchase for work or for a podcast.
I will be posting this exact post in another page on the site and will update it from time to time; I’ll also be posting update posts at the end of every month.